Concerned with the burning of grasslands and felling of trees, 34-year-old Bhabesh Mahanta is helping build a food forest for birds on a chapori (riverine island) near Guwahati in Assam.…
Articles by Chandrani Sinha
Chandrani Sinha is an independent multimedia journalist. She is based out of Northeast India. She loves writing on various environmental and climate change issues.
- The story of Jakkur lake sets an example for inclusive rejuvenation projects
- Welcome to Tsomgo lake: Please don’t litter
- Managing waste to save the wetlands of Himachal Pradesh
- The monks who protect the Bhagajang wetland
Environment And Health
- [Commentary] Will the COVID-19 second wave buck the trend for the Indian middle class?
- How did a once water-rich village in Goa become entirely dependent on tankers?
- Avian flu in India brings forth environmental, animal and human health linkages
- [Explainer] Understanding the science behind avian influenza
Almost Famous Species
- Elusive white-bellied heron spotted in the high Himalayas
- New marine flatworm from rare group discovered from the coral atolls of Lakshadweep
- No honey, no hives, but solitary bees have important lives
- Almost Famous species: the wild side of 2020 from forest to backyard
India's Iconic Landscapes
- Chilika lake records rise in migratory bird numbers, sees new species too
- [Commentary] Counting bulbuls to conserve the Deccan hillocks and scrub forests
- [Commentary] Isolated pockets of unique wildlife populations of Gujarat need immediate attention
- Hydropower not a very ‘green’ solution in Himachal Pradesh, finds study
Beyond Protected Areas
- Saving the Asiatic black bear from illegal wildlife trade needs nuanced conservation
- Mammals use cashew plantations in the northern Western Ghats
- Odisha plans to satellite-tag pangolins to study them better
- [Video] A mugger crocodile on shared space, fear and future
- Building up carbon sinks in northeast India’s shifting cultivation landscape
- Coloured cotton from India on the cusp of commercial release in 2021
- Revival and absence of Bengaluru’s traditional crop varieties
- India’s millets policy: is it headed in the right direction?