As Indian government’s Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC) has appealed to the Supreme Court to dissolve the Dahanu Taluka Environment Protection Authority (DTEPA) stating that their work…
Articles by Michelle C.
Educator, farmer and researcher.
- [Commentary] India establishes the largest network of Ramsar Sites in South Asia
- [Commentary] Wetland champions: Promise from the grassroots
- The story of Jakkur lake sets an example for inclusive rejuvenation projects
- Welcome to Tsomgo lake: Please don’t litter
Environment And Health
- Sewing their way to a sustainable menstruation
- Continued fluoride contamination of groundwater is a glaring public health issue in central India
- In a Himachal village, people accuse a waste management plant for contaminating water
- [Commentary] Worsening water quality in Ganga’s lower stretches and what it means for us
Almost Famous Species
- From a life among royals, to fighting for survival
- What do bees see? Developing urban gardens to attract pollinators
- [Interview] Whitley Award winner from Nepal emphasises on crossborder collaboration to protect the red panda
- [Interview] Priyan Perera: Shining a light on the little-studied Indian pangolins in Sri Lanka
India's Iconic Landscapes
- [Commentary] Is expansion of aquaculture in the Indian Sundarbans an ecological threat or a pathway to sustainable development?
- One year of Similipal forest fire: The hits and misses
- Grasses spur mangroves to grow in an erosion-riddled Sundarbans patch
- Scientists raise caution as mangroves erode faster along the Bengal coastline
Beyond Protected Areas
- Tiger movements between India and Nepal become increasingly restricted, even as numbers rise
- Failure to cut GHG emissions is putting species conservation in eastern Himalayas at risk
- [Commentary] Connecting corridors for tigers in Central India
- Trafficked kangaroos rescued in north Bengal en route to Indore turn the spotlight on Indian zoos
- Farmers fear low fruit production as Kashmir records decline in precipitation
- Scientists sequence chickpea genome which could inform crop improvement efforts
- [Video Explainer] What is the significance of the Biological Diversity Amendment Bill and why did it face opposition?
- Tackling agrobiodiversity loss in Odisha’s Similipal protected area