Articles by Shweta Thakur Nanda
Shweta Thakur Nanda is a journalist based in Delhi NCR. A long form story teller for more than 13 years, she has worked for India’s leading news wires, newspapers and magazines. She believes that the world is changing and journalists need to chronicle the change (good, bad or ugly) and accentuate its impact on the society. This has encouraged her to write in-depth stories on issues ranging from environment conservation, sustainable fashion and lifestyle, women and child rights to youth and politics. Her liking for research oriented in-depth stories on issues affecting common men and women helped her win the Observer Peace Foundation Award for Journalism and Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism.
- The story of Jakkur lake sets an example for inclusive rejuvenation projects
- Welcome to Tsomgo lake: Please don’t litter
- Managing waste to save the wetlands of Himachal Pradesh
- The monks who protect the Bhagajang wetland
Environment And Health
- India’s dietary guidelines have a relatively lower carbon footprint: study
- [Commentary] Will the COVID-19 second wave buck the trend for the Indian middle class?
- How did a once water-rich village in Goa become entirely dependent on tankers?
- Avian flu in India brings forth environmental, animal and human health linkages
Almost Famous Species
- 148 zebra loaches exported per day from Western Ghats to feed global pet trade
- What’s dangerous about these cute turtles which are popular pets in India?
- Common, yet threatened: The case of northeast India’s Malayan giant squirrels
- Newly described scorpion species from Western Ghats highlight need for more research and conservation
India's Iconic Landscapes
- The toxic love for Ladakh is weighing heavy on its natural resources
- [Video] Mapping Tamil Nadu’s grasslands to protect them and know their role in carbon storage
- The development plan that could end up sinking Lakshadweep islands
- Andaman forests need longer intervals between repeat logging for recovery: study
Beyond Protected Areas
- Millions of seahorses caught as bycatch in Indian shores
- Neglect shrouds Behali Reserve Forest’s biodiversity along Assam-Arunachal border
- Longest dispersal of a female tiger recorded in Central India
- Baghjan oil blowout: Report indicates a long road to recovery and ecological restoration
- Building up carbon sinks in northeast India’s shifting cultivation landscape
- Coloured cotton from India on the cusp of commercial release in 2021
- Revival and absence of Bengaluru’s traditional crop varieties
- India’s millets policy: is it headed in the right direction?
- Bigwigs of India’s fossil-fuel industry could drive the country’s green energy sector
- Subsidies for India’s renewable sector are falling, needs renewed support, says study
- Land conflicts on the horizon as India pursues a clean energy future
- The balance between jobs in the renewable energy and fossil fuel sectors could play on India’s energy transition